Chattanooga Eye Doctor
Dr. Joshua E. Crowder
Native of Chattanooga, Dr. Joshua Crowder began his studies at Georgia State University majoring in Biology and Chemistry. It was in Atlanta where an interest in eye care grew into a passion when he volunteered for Prevent Blindness, a charitable organization to help provide eye care for those unable to afford eye care. He was then accepted to Nova Southeastern University’s College of Optometry in Fort. Lauderdale, FL. During this time, he earned a Bachelor’s in Vision Science along with his Doctorate in Optometry. At Graduation, he was recognized for graduating with Honors as well as being accepted into Beta Sigma Kappa the Academic Society for his high merits. He completed his training with several external rotations in different areas of eye care. Dr. Crowder trained in Low Vision at the Broward Lighthouse for the Blind and an externship in Ocular Disease at Broward County Hospital. Dr. Crowder also trained in Vision Therapy at the Nova Eye Care Institute and The Eye Center in Pembroke Pines FL.
After graduation, Dr. Crowder and his wife were excited for the opportunity to return to their hometown of Chattanooga. When not caring for patients, Dr. Crowder can often be found pursuing his interest in kayaking, fly fishing and spending time with his wife, his daughter Lily, and new daughter Hazel.
Other Awards / Accomplishments / Memberships
- Member in good standing with the American Optometric Association and the Tennessee Optometric Association
- Member of College of Optometrist in Vision Development
- Finalist in 2012, 2013, and 2014 Chattanooga’s Best of the Best
- Member of the AOA’s Cornea and Contact Lens Section
- Member of Beta Sigma Kappa
- Participating provider in InfantSEE program (www.infantsee.org)
- Trained and Certified in Corneal Refractive Therapy
Schedule Your Appointment
Make An Appointment Today with Crowder Eye Center!
Or click below