We Want You to Know That:
- We do not sell or rent the information we have about you to anyone;
- We do not share your information with outside companies for the purpose of selling their products or services to you; and
- We do not offer a right to opt out since we only share information about you with others as permitted or required by law.
Information We May Collect and From Whom
We collect your personal information to offer you insurance and financial products and services. The type of information we collect and the extent to which it is used depends on the products and services we provide to you. For example, we may obtain information such as:
- Your name, mailing and email address(es), date of birth, telephone number, Social Security number, employment, education, occupation, assets and income from applications and other forms from you, your employer and others;
- Your policy coverage, claims, premiums and payment history from your dealings with us;
- Your financial and medical history from other insurance companies, insurance support organizations or consumer reporting agencies, if you apply for insurance or benefits;
- Your medical history and records from medical providers or facilities, with your authorization, if you apply for insurance or benefits; and
- Your use of the services offered on our websites from online information collection devices. We may request an insurance support organization to collect information that we need about you. If we do, they will submit a report to us. They may keep a copy of the report and share its contents with others. They will do this only as permitted or required by law.
Information We May Disclose
We may share the types of information described above with others. These disclosures are only made as authorized by you or as permitted or required by law. For example, disclosures such as: To others that perform business services or functions on our behalf or to serve you;
- To employers and their representatives, to reinsurers, to other insurance companies, and to insurance support organizations for purposes related to insurance you may have or apply for;
- To others that may have a joint marketing agreement with us, unless state law restricts such use;
- To insurance departments or other federal state, or local legal authorities in connection with the regulation of our business or to comply with laws and regulations;
- To law enforcement agencies to help prevent fraud or illegal activities;
- To authorized persons to respond to a subpoena, warrant or other court order;
- To others for purposes of complying with auditing and reporting requirements; and
- To our affiliates who may provide insurance or financial products and services to you.
When information about you is disclosed to others, we expect them to protect your information. We expect them to use the information only for the limited purpose for which it was shared.
We want to make sure that we have accurate information about you. In general, you have the right to review your personal information that we have. If you believe that any of the information about you is not accurate, you may inform us in writing of any changes you believe should be made. We will review your request and respond to it accordingly.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We safeguard your information through written privacy policies and physical, electronic and procedural protections.